Crab imperial is just the dish for a warm summer's evening. We are recommending a light appetizer and fruit kabobs served alongside the crab.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
1/2 cup plus one tablespoon milk, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 egg yolk, well beaten
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise divided
1-pound backfin crab meat
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat 1/2 cup milk to the boiling point.
3. Melt the butter and add flour.
4. Pour heated milk over the butter and flour, beat until creamy and allow to cool.
5. Add egg, seasonings, lemon juice and one tablespoon of mayonnaise, blending well.
6. Add crab and toss lightly.
7. Fill crab shells or small dishes.
8. Mix remaining mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of milk and brush on top.
9. Finally, sprinkle with parsley.
10. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown.